Saturday, February 24, 2007

Yojimbo - Like no other

Yojimbo


This product aims to be a repository for a wide variety of information. I suppose it is the hotkey version of a dictaphone. Ever been working away at your machine and thought of something that you should follow up on? Well this product provides the repository for these thoughts.

The key to this product is the ease with which these ideas, or nuggets of information, can be captured. I’ve used the default function key to call up the app and enter details though this is configurable. A “Drop Dock” is also available, though I have disabled this as it adds clutter to my desktop.

One feature that I have used is the ability to print a PDF document into the Yojimbo repository, handy in my case for tracking software receipts received online.

I have yet to purchase the software ($39), I’m still using the Demo version. The functionality available in the tool is certainly available in a range of tools that I already own, however its beauty is that it a central repository, accessible through hotkey from anywhere. I’ll let you know if I do find that value that warrants the investment...

1 comment:

JAC said...

In the end I decided not to use this software, not for any fault in the product but as I have been researching David Allen's GTD method which suits my worklife. More of which later...